Sunday, September 20, 2009

Home Stretch

The ruffles on the crib stuck out so I had to cut a piece of foam core for the front and the two sides to glue it to the inside of the ruffle to make it not stick out-I used Fabric-tac.
Here, I am glueing the fabric to the styrofoam. I had to use Grrrip because the Fabric-tac MELTED the styrofoam.

The far right picture is of the crib mobile. My friend had a weiner dog named Rusty who was very special to her. The box with the board on the wall is where I drilled holes to wire the crib to. I do not want it to move.

The framed group photo is of all of Nancy's family. Her daughter emailed it to me and I altered it in my Publisher program. I could not believe the frame fit the first try.
I am getting close to finishing the little box and can not wait to give it to her.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Ruffle is Officially Finished

Hip Hip Hurrah
The dust ruffle on the bed is done. It should not take long to finish everything off, hopefully.
I will post again in a couple of days.
PS-I glued the cloth ruffle to the bed with Grrrip glue-it is great stuff.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Back on Track

I took a class this week-end from Shelia Kinard on dressing a crib. The top row is for that crib, and the mint green is for the skirt for Nancy's doll bed. She had a nifty way of dressing a bed. After I pinned the material I sprayed it with Patricia Nimocks Matte spray to permanantly stiffen it. Oh my gosh does it stink!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to work on it tomorrow and post again tomorrow.

Add Image